Betadine® Products: Infection Protection You Can Trust
Infection Protection You Can Trust
Last Updated: May 2023
1. What Information Does The Company Collect?
Information You Provide
We collect information from you when you choose to provide it to us. Such information may include your:
- Postal or shipping address
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
As a general matter, you may browse our websites without providing this information. However, in order to answer your questions, send you newsletters, or provide marketing services such as coupons, special offers or surveys, we may ask for this information.
Information Automatically Collected
There are circumstances in which we and our service providers automatically receive and collect information from you when you visit and interact with our websites. Such information includes:
- Computer or device information, such as your IP address or other unique identifier, browser type, device type, operating system, software version, and the domain name from which you accessed the website.
- Usage information, such as the date and time you visit the website, the areas or pages that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the website, how you arrived at the website, the number of times you return to the website, other click-stream or website usage data, emails that you open, forward, or click-through to our website, and other websites that you may visit.
The most common of these circumstances include “cookies” and other tracking technologies.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies; California Do-Not-Track Disclosures
The Company uses “cookies,” small data files stored on your computer’s web browser, or other passive means of data collection. Cookies are used to personalize your visit and remember your preferences and online browsing. You can adjust your web browser to accept or reject cookies. Our system may not recognize Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers.
Information Collected from Outside Sources
Also, to improve our marketing and the content of our websites, we collect aggregate, non-personal data. We use this information to analyze visitors’ behavior in the aggregate to improve our websites. This information does not include personal information.
2. How Does The Company Use the Information That It Collects?
The Company uses your information to provide you with a superior customer experience and to administer our business. For example, the information we collect may be used to:
- Contact you about products, services, events, or promotions you may be interested in, except where prohibited by law;
- Enhance your online experience, improve the content and navigation of our website, and customize content, layout, or offers;
- Protect the security of our website and to analyze trends and statistics; and
- Answer any of your questions or concerns, and provide you with easy access to our newsletters, products, and services.
3. How Does The Company Share Information Collected From and About Me?
Protecting the privacy and security of visitor information is important to the Company. When appropriate, the Company shares information collected from and about you among our family of companies (not including third party affiliates) to help provide you with better service and information about our products and services that we believe would be of interest to you.
We share select information with the service providers we use to help manage our business for things like:
- Market research
- Fulfilling promotions
- Name and address verification
- E-mail management
- To host our website, data storage, or ad servers
These service providers only have access to the information they need to perform their services, and do not have the right to use information in ways not authorized by the Company. They are prohibited from using this information for their own marketing purposes and are not allowed to share this information with anyone other than the Company.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we determine, in our judgment, that it is necessary to (a) comply with the law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable government request; (b) enforce the terms of any of our polices; or (c) protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, its employees, or customers. This may include assistance in fraud protection or investigation.
We could also disclose or transfer your personal information to a successor entity in the event of a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets, or other corporate event with respect to the Company or our affiliated companies.
4. How Does The Company Secure My Personal Information?
The Company takes substantial and appropriate security measures to help to safeguard your personal information and to prevent unauthorized access and disclosure. We have a variety of current technologies, managerial safeguards, protocols and processes in place to protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
We want you to feel confident whenever you visit our website or otherwise. While we are focused on the security of your information and follow strict standards designed to protect such information, we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will remain secure in all circumstances.
5. How Can I Opt-Out of Receiving Communications From The Company?
If you have submitted your contact information to the Company and wish to opt-out of future communications, please contact us at email@example.com
If you wish to be removed from our marketing emails, calling or postal mailing lists please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For e-mail list removal, it may take up to 10 business days to process your request. For calling list removal, it may take up to 30 days to process your request. For postal mailing list removal, it may take up to 6-8 weeks to process your request.
6. Links to Other, Third Party Websites
7. Information Collected From Visitors Outside the United States
If you are visiting a Company website from outside the United States and provide us with personal information, please note that your personal information may be transferred, stored, and processed within the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
By doing business or interacting with the Company you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to facilities located in the United States and other locations selected by the Company, and understand that such information will be stored and processed in accordance with U.S. law.
8. Children’s Privacy
Company websites are not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any personal information from children under the age of 18. Should we learn that someone under the age of 18 has provided any personal information to or on our websites, we will permanently delete that information as soon as possible.
9. California Privacy Rights
Under California law, California residents may also take advantage of the following rights:
- Access: You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, and how we used, disclosed, and/or sold that personal information, as applicable.
- Deletion: You may request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from or about you. Please note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to retain the information to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation.
If you or your authorized agent would like to take advantage of any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or 833-288-2684. Before responding to your request, we will need to verify your identity – for this reason, email requests should be sent from the email address that we have on file where applicable. We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights.
- We collect the following categories of personal information from and about you: identifiers/contact information, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for the business purposes described in Sections 2 and 3, above: identifiers/contact information, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above.
The Company does not sell the personal information of California residents.
11. Who Do I Contact With Questions or Concerns?
If you would like to contact us about anything related to this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org