Betadine® products have been trusted by healthcare professionals for over 40 years as an important defense against topical infections.
Povidone-iodine, the active ingredient in Betadine® products, is active against a broad spectrum of pathogens in vitro.1
For Professional and Hospital Use Only. Not Labeled for Consumer Use.
Betadine® products are for external use only. Single use will reduce the risk of infection from extrinsic contamination with products not labeled as single use only. Do not use in the eyes or if you are allergic to povidone-iodine or any other ingredients in this preparation. Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. When using these products, prolonged exposure to wet solution may cause irritation or, rarely, severe skin reactions. In preoperative prepping, avoid 'pooling' beneath the patient. Keep out of reach of children. Please read full product label before use.
Betasept® products are for external use only. Single use will reduce the risk of infection from extrinsic contamination with products not labeled as single use only. Do not use: If you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredients; in contact with meninges; in the genital area; as a preoperative skin preparation of the head or face. When using this product keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures. May cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums. If solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water. Wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated. Repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when the underlying condition makes it necessary to reduce the bacterial population of the skin. Stop use and ask doctor if irritation, sensitization or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Warning: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. Please read full product label before use.